What's Your Story?
Dale conducts the following workshop two times a year in the Santa Barbara and/or Los Angeles areas.
Weekend Writing Intensive
DESCRIPTION OF WORKSHOP
In an intensive 7-hour-a-day Saturday and Sunday workshop, Dale will work with a limited number of students (5-6) exploring such story issues as:
- Is there a strong protagonist?
- Has the writer established a premise (the spine of the story), or needs help determining one?
- Does the story stick to the spine, or have extraneous material?
- Does the work have an inciting incident?
- Does desire and need, both conscious and unconscious drive the main character(s) forward?
- Are there clear antagonistic forces pitted against the fulfillment of this need?
- Does the action of the story rise both dramatically and incrementally?
- Is there a climax / obligatory scene?
- Is there a resolution?
- Does the character transform through the struggles of the story?
Saturday and Sunday
9:30-12:30 AM morning session
12:30-1:30 Break for lunch
1:30-5:30 Afternoon session
$225 for 6 people (add $20 if you would like lunch included both days)
$275 for for 5 people (add $20 if you would like lunch included both days)
$25 Non- Refundable Deposit to hold spot in workshop due two weeks before
IF INTERESTED IN A WORKSHOP WITH DALE, CLICK HERE
TO GO TO CONTACT PAGE